Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Sydney City Council Elections: Sydney cycleways
* think they own the roads & cycleways
* do delay commuter buses and road traffic.
* simply pay no attention to the road rules. They weave in and out of traffic
*most ignore red lights, placing pedestrians at risk
*place their lives at risk by not wearing helmets
*travel at excessive speed on narrow bike paths
Things that should be done; cyclists should:
1. be registered as they use the road & should pay.
2. contribute to paying for the separated bike paths; then may start to use them
3. pay compulsory insurance
Sydney City Council has spent millions on separated bike paths; they are used for a few hours in the morning and night. The rest of the day you won't see a solitary biker on them; empty, a misuse of taxpayers' funds.