South West Sydney
No one is going to help you
Problem, Opportunity or Defeat? Photo by Scott Chan
Well, here are 12 things you can do:
1. Stop blaming other people.
2. Stop making excuses.
3. Stop whining.
4. Stop waiting for someone else to fix it.
5. Take charge. Take self-responsibility. Take ownership.
6. Go on with a healthy attitude diet. Load up on actionable inspiration.
7. Carry out an inventory of what you have already - your skills, knowledge, experience.
8. Focus on the actions you can take to improve the situation today.
9. Put your inner resources and wealth to good use today.
10. Write down what you can do today and check whether you ‘made the call’ at the end of day.
11. Summon your gumption. Test your agility in the face of adversity.
12. Be a solution finder and provider.
Nobody is going to help.
These can be liberating and empowering words that transform your life and the way we go about creating social change.
Take it as an opportunity to grow and see what you are truly capable of. You may just surprise yourself.
Nobody is going to help. What are you going to do?
This article is by Robyn Lui. Robyn is a as a social change strategist & evangineer, cheerleader, health-fitness enthusiast, treehugger, nerd. Her mission is to empower people, businesses & organisations to value and use their passion & strengths to create a better world. In April 2011 she founded The BraveHeart Project, which aims to contribute to building a socially, economically and ecologically respectful and equitable operating system for the 21st century and beyond.
Robyn blogs at http://robynbraveheart.posterous.com/