1. New Media Operations Pty Ltd (NMO), a company incorporated in Australia, is the owner of streetcorner.com.au ('web site' or 'service'). NMO holds the benefit of all disclaimers and limitations of liability in these terms and conditions of use on behalf of each of its related bodies corporate.
2. NMO offers the content, functionality and all other elements of streetcorner.com.au to each user only on these terms and conditions and any other specific terms and conditions that apply to any particular part of this website (for example, the terms and conditions that apply to any promotion conducted on this website). A user's use of this website on each separate occasion constitutes acceptance by that user of NMO's offer.
3. Each agreement between NMO and each user that is formed on acceptance of NMO's offer is governed exclusively by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
4. All material on this website is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. Users may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the material.
5. To post information or comments on the StreetCorner Web site, or to obtain access to certain StreetCorner services, you must become a registered user of the site. In the registration process, you will be required to provide your name, e-mail address, post code, suburb, gender and age. You also will be asked to select a member name and a password. You agree that the information you supply during the StreetCorner registration process, and maintain after registration, will be accurate and complete and that you will not supply the e-mail address of, register under the name of, or attempt to access the site under the name of, another person.
6. NMO is concerned about the safety and privacy of children and, therefore, we do not permit children under the age of 13 to register to use the Service. This will be validated on registration when users are requested to provide their date of birth. If a user provides incorrect information at this stage of registration that allows them to proceed, NMO will not validate by requesting proof of age unless otherwise deemed necessary through behaviour on the service.
7. We assume no responsibility or liability for the deletion, corruption, or loss of any content submitted by a Streetcorner.com.au member, or for StreetCorner's failure to receive or store submitted content for any reason, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software. You will be solely responsible for any and all content of whatever nature that you post on, transmit via or link to from the StreetCorner site.
8. NMO does not review content submitted by our members before it appears on Streetcorner.com.au (although reserves the right to remove, modify, edit, move all content). NMO urges our members to post only accurate information, we cannot guarantee that member postings are accurate, impartial or objective, and makes no assurances or representations as to the veracity of our members or the quality of the information posted to our site. We urge you to use common sense and good judgment in deciding whether to rely on the information contained on Streetcorner.com.au. You understand that you must personally evaluate, and that you bear all risks associated with the use of, any content you find on Streetcorner.com.au, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of that content.
Although we make this Web site freely accessible, we do not give up our rights, or anyone else's rights, to the materials appearing on the site. We do not claim ownership of individual postings, comments, text, photos, videos or other content or materials posted by our members, but all other materials available through this Web site are the property of us or our licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. In addition, content displayed on or through our site, whether posted by members or provided by us or our licensors, may be owned both by the person who created or licensed that content and by us as part of a collective work and/or compilation under Australian and international copyright laws and treaties.
StreetCorner does not claim ownership of content that you create and submit or make available on the service. However, if you post text or comments on Streetcorner.com.au, you grant StreetCorner a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, distribute, display, and create derivative works based on such content throughout the world in any media, and to incorporate such content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed, for any purpose. If you post photos, graphics, audio or video on Streetcorner.com.au, you grant StreetCorner the license to use, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such content on Streetcorner.com.au.
By posting content to Streetcorner.com.au, you represent and agree that (i) you are the owner of the content, or otherwise have the right to post such content to this site, (ii) the content is accurate, (iii) the content will not violate the rights of or cause injury to any person or entity, and (iv) you will indemnify StreetCorner for any claims resulting from content that you submit to the site.
10. One registration per person is allowed for each region of streetcorner.com.au and will be validated on unique email address.
11. A user may become a business member or a community member and may not change membership without creating a new account. Business Members receive one Business Directory Listing only. Multiple Business Directory Listings are not allowed at this stage. A business member must have a business address inside the Western Sydney area as defined on the postcode/ list for StreetCorner.com.au Western Sydney postcode and suburb list .
Activities allowed vary for business members and community members and is detailed below:Business Member
12. All functionality on the StreetCorner.com.au website from October 2008 is subject to change and NMO is not liable for any loss of content experienced through this action.
13. A business member may purchase an enhanced or sponsored listing. Only a MasterCard or Visa credit card is allowed to finalize the online transaction associated with purchase of an enhanced listing. Costs for enhanced and sponsored business lists are below. Users must have a Business Member account (and listing) before they can purchase an enhanced or sponsored listing. Please note that all pricing is at an introductory period. NMO reserves the right to change pricing on all plans or offers on StreetCorner without prior notice to any members.
Premium Sponsored Listing
14. Classifieds for Business Members is $28 per classified for one month.
15. Refund Policy : StreetCorner does not offer a refund policy. Once a user lists a business or a classified as an enhanced or sponsored listing, said listing will remain in the enhanced state for the duration of the subscription.
16. StreetCorner does not store any user's credit card details. All credit card transactions are handled securely using ANZ eGate hosted payment pages.
You represent and warrant that no classified ad you post on Streetcorner.com.au and no Business Directory Listing you post (nor any enhancement or sponsorship you post to an existing listing) (a) will violate any applicable law, rule or regulation (including, but not limited to, any law relating to false or deceptive advertising), (b) will be libelous, nor (c) will it infringe any right of any third party, including, but not limited to, any contractual right, copyright, trademark or trade secret right or any right of privacy or publicity. You will indemnify and hold StreetCorner, its affiliated entities and its employees harmless against any and all expenses and losses of any kind (including reasonable solicitors' fees) incurred by them in connection with (x) any breach or alleged breach of this warranty, and/or (y) any classified ad you post, any Business Directory Listing you post, or any enhancement or sponsored listing you post to an existing listing.
18. Subject to any other specific restrictions or conditions that apply to any particular content on this website, each user may only download, view, listen, watch, copy and/or print a copy of material on the following conditions:
19. If a user wishes to submit video content, they must first submit this via YouTube and then post the URL on the web site. A YouTube account is required to submit a video to YouTube. The instructions are below:
20. This website may include third party content (including, without limitation, advertising material) and hyperlinks and pointers to websites operated by third parties. MRN is not responsible in any way for third party content, whether it is included in this website or in any third party website which is sourced using any hyperlink or pointer contained on this website. MRN does not endorse, recommend or otherwise make any representation or statement in relation to any third party content on this website (including, without limitation, any product or service referred to in any advertising material).
21. In its use of the website, a user must not:
22. NMO has no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage incurred by a user, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this website. NMO does not make, and excludes, any warranty, representation or other statement as to the accuracy, currency, timeliness or completeness of any material contained on the website. NMO does not exclude any rights and remedies available to a user under the Trade Practices Act (Cth) or any similar state or territory legislation that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Otherwise, MRN excludes all conditions and warranties that may be implied by law.
23. NMO may terminate access to the website at any time without notice and for any period. NMO's disclaimers and limitations of liability, and the restrictions imposed on the user, continue survive both NMO's termination of access, and any termination of the agreement between NMO and each user. NMO may terminate access and delete all content attributed to the site by said user, to the website if it is suspected that a user is using false or fraudulent information. NMO reserves the right to reject or terminate the use of any member name that we deem offensive or inappropriate. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Streetcorner.com.au password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your password and account.